2018 Gamblers New Releases moved from Beneath This Gruff Exterior
to this forum.
Scot Halpin
Moonshiner

Roger Daltrey - As Long as I Have You - 06.01.18

Postby Scot Halpin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm

That's right folks!
https://www.jambase.com/article/roger-d ... itle-track
“This is a return to the very beginning, to the time before Pete [Townshend] started writing our songs, to a time when we were a teenage band playing soul music to small crowds in church halls.

digging the title track

Gas OJ
Cuban Heel

Re: Roger Daltrey - As Long as I Have You - 06.01.18

Postby Gas OJ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks for posting this, Scot.

I will be checking it out. Did you ever purchase 'Under a Raging Moon'? I love that album.

Never saw a woman look finer
I used to order just to watch her float across the floor - Neil Young

Scot Halpin
Moonshiner

Postby Scot Halpin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:51 pm

You're welcome, I was kind of surprised I liked the new song as I've never been interested in Daltrey's solo work. The Who have been my favorite group since I was a little kid and I also have a bunch of Pete albums so I'm going to give this a try and Under a Raging Moon based on your recommendation.

p.s. I've never listened to any of Entwistle's albums either, have you?
p.s. would you change the Sarah Shook album title for me, thanks.
p.s. GO LEAFS!

Gas OJ
Cuban Heel

Postby Gas OJ » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 am

I've never listened to a Entwistle album either. Good to know you are a Who fan. I saw their 25th Anniversary tour in Toronto. I have the 'Raging Under The Moon' album and possibly another (need to verify). I've got many Who albums, including the soundtrack recording of 'McVicar'. I need to clean up this place up over the weekend and add some new videos on the homepage. Damn you, Facebook. (by the way, if you do have a FB account, look me up - Ansbacher Bremen). I just posted something on Facebook a few weeks ago - Pete Townshends' 'White City: A Novel' (1985), another great album.

Leafs, Baby! Game 7 Wednesday in Beantown.
Never saw a woman look finer
I used to order just to watch her float across the floor - Neil Young

flippedcanvas
Chestnut Mare
Location: South East of England(G.B.)1ce upon a time Rome in Italy not Rome in Texas,what r ye like buddies!?

Postby flippedcanvas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Interesting song, thanks for the heads up ova this buddy!
Violin Sky wrote:More like a multidimensional portrait of the creative self from different angle of your primal emotional abilities. :D Or Flash Gordon..
http://www.myspace.com/flippedcanvas

Scot Halpin
Moonshiner

Postby Scot Halpin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Gas OJ wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 am

I've never listened to a Entwistle album either. Good to know you are a Who fan. I saw their 25th Anniversary tour in Toronto. I have the 'Raging Under The Moon' album and possibly another (need to verify). I've got many Who albums, including the soundtrack recording of 'McVicar'. I need to clean up this place up over the weekend and add some new videos on the homepage. Damn you, Facebook. (by the way, if you do have a FB account, look me up - Ansbacher Bremen). I just posted something on Facebook a few weeks ago - Pete Townshends' 'White City: A Novel' (1985), another great album.

Leafs, Baby! Game 7 Wednesday in Beantown.
I'm not on FB, thanks anyway for the invitation. Gave Under a Raging Moon a listen, not a fan. Sounds like a typical 80's record(not a compliment) which is ironic because it came out the same year as White City. I like White City but I love Empty Glass and Chinese Eyes. Saw The Who in '89 at Alpine Valley during their "farewell tour". In case you weren't aware, my user name Scot Halpin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scot_Halpin

Scot Halpin
Moonshiner

Postby Scot Halpin » Sat May 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Kizmiaz
RA Douchiness

Postby Kizmiaz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 pm

His cover of Nick Cave´s Into My Arms is rather pointless isn´t it? He doesn´t even sound like himself on it. Sounds more like a knock off Nick Cave.

Beldo wrote: Damn foreigners