Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger - 01.22.16

Artists, Albums, Songs and New Releases
screen door
Hoser

Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger - 01.22.16

Postby screen door » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:16 am

Sorry if something was already posted on this album but didn't see it. It came out in January and has been seeing positive reviews. The guy seems to release lots of albums so it is kind of hard to keep track as they are all a bit different. Really liked his acoustic album (Sleeper) that came out a few years ago. He also seems to be the leader of the American garage psych movement with off-shoots including Wand, Fuzz, King Tuff and Mikal Cronin. With this album, he is definitely putting a harder edge on his sound and it is kind of a concept album about a baby. His profile also seems to be rising with appearances on the late shows. For me, it is kind of hard time to describe his sound. Somewhere between punk, garage, psych,, heavy metal and glam.

Not really sure if his music is my thing (like Cronin and King Tuff more), but saw him in Atlanta last night. He played the new album song for song often wearing a baby mask and throwing candy to the crowd. His band included members of Wand, King Tuff on guitar and Mikal Cronin on bass. For anyone saying that newer acts don't rock need to see this group. Probably the hardest rocking set I have seen in years and he is a really wild front man and the rest of the bank was great. Just blew everyone away and kind of get the album more after seeing it live. The new album isn't the easiest listen, but Diversion, Emotional Mugger, and Candy Sam were fantastic.

Anyway, he is an interesting artist who rocks and seems to be putting his own spin on things.

Beldo
Chestnut Mare

Re: Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger - 01.22.16

Postby Beldo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:37 pm

"I thought, ‘That looks like a nice tree, I’m going to climb that f*cking tree.’ Climbed it and sat there with my hood up for about 10 minutes." - Liam Gallagher

track11
Mansplain it, Bernie

Postby track11 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:11 pm

:shock: is fucking right.

Will see them for sure if they come through town!

flippedcanvas
Chestnut Mare
Location: South East of England(G.B.)1ce upon a time Rome in Italy not Rome in Texas,what r ye like buddies!?

Postby flippedcanvas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm

:dance: I think mite have to check these cats back catalogue as for this year 2017 only discovered how brilliant Ty Segall with his back up band is! 8)
Violin Sky wrote:More like a multidimensional portrait of the creative self from different angle of your primal emotional abilities. :D Or Flash Gordon..
http://www.myspace.com/flippedcanvas