random CD's!!

Artists, Albums, Songs and New Releases
El Santo
Chestnut Mare

random CD's!!

Postby El Santo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:47 pm

I went to a family cookout today for fathers day. My grandfather is a known yard-sale aholic. It's a disease. Basically whenever I see him, he gives me something that he probably got at a yard sale for $3, and expects my to cry tears of joy. Usually It's a clock radio thats from 1978, or a camera that barely works, only if you hold it sideways.

Today, however, I was greeted with about 15 CD's the most random collection possible. Hooray! Even bad random CD's provide at least a little bit of entertainment. I find it's always a blast to throw in a CD that you have absolutely no opinion or knowledge of, and see what turns up.
The few decent ones in the pile were:

Ted Nugent : (self titled from 1975)
Van Halen: "3"
David Lee Roth : "eat em' and smile"
Soundtrack to the movie "single" : theres a few Westerberg tracks on there, including "dyslexic heart"

The rest of them are of questionable origin.
Sampler CD's of bands that never quite made it: like one called Moslty Autumn. The front of the CD had a review citing them as "the next pink floyd". Anything but, as far as I was concerned. It had that recording feel that "the wall" had, basically the feel that it was recorded in an airplane hanger. It was really bad. Also, these weird fusion/prog/rock/jazz bands on a compilation.

And to think that theres a whole box of about 300 CD's in my basement from the previous owner of the house. Already found some great stuff from bands like Rush, and the Rolling Stones down there. Also other bands like New Kids on the Block. Yeah, not kidding, its in there, and its gayer than ever.

Anyone else ever get a bunch of free CD's from someone, and end up finding stuff that was actually ok?
"If anything, I don't think Trump is taking it far enough" - noodle

TANEYTOWN
Broke the Douchebagometer

Postby TANEYTOWN » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:04 pm

Yea I got must of my Willie Nelson cds that way. A lot of old Blue Eyes as well. Love all of it!

TANEYTOWN

Re: random CD's!!

Postby TANEYTOWN » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Any updates.

flippedcanvas
Chestnut Mare
Location: South East of England(G.B.)1ce upon a time Rome in Italy not Rome in Texas,what r ye like buddies!?

Postby flippedcanvas » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:18 am

:arrow: I'll dig some later well will put a list of my picking at random!
Violin Sky wrote:More like a multidimensional portrait of the creative self from different angle of your primal emotional abilities. :D Or Flash Gordon..
http://www.myspace.com/flippedcanvas

TANEYTOWN

Postby TANEYTOWN » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am

Thinking about doing a little picking.