Notifications
Clear all

Mark Kozelek... STFU!

154 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
Beldo
(@beldo)

Some guy on twitter just told RA he had man-boobs and RA responded by telling the guy he should stop his "campaign of fat-shaming" and linked to a quote by Meryl Streep that BOB MOULD had sent him so I'm pretty much over this Koz thing. RA is the worst again.

"I thought, ‘That looks like a nice tree, I’m going to climb that f*cking tree.’ Climbed it and sat there with my hood up for about 10 minutes." - Liam Gallagher

Posted : 28/10/2014 5:58 pm
Blaze
(@blaze)

Is there a pic confirming the man boobs?

“What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?”

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:19 pm
Beldo
(@beldo)

I don't think the dude is actually fat, which makes it weirder, but maybe the guy knows it strikes a nerve (although, with RA, what doesn't?)

"I thought, ‘That looks like a nice tree, I’m going to climb that f*cking tree.’ Climbed it and sat there with my hood up for about 10 minutes." - Liam Gallagher

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:21 pm
nacho
(@nacho)

Getting old sucks. Be proud of your titties, Ryan!

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:25 pm
Beldo
(@beldo)

He should just post a pic of his wife's woman boobs. Scoreboard, bitch.

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:30 pm
nacho
(@nacho)

That too!

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:33 pm
HighPlainsDrifter
(@highplainsdrifter)

I thought War on Drugs was taking the right action at first by just sort of ignoring the whole thing and hoping it would go away. It made sense. Path of least resistance and all that. After the Kozelek emain exchange and the Starbucks comment, I say, let it fucking fly. I don't get how you couldn't at that stage. At some point you have every right, even from a PR perspective, to defend yourself and fight back.

Funny you should say this. http://www.stereogum.com/1714863/adam-granduciel-mark-kozelek-is-such-a-douche/franchises/wheres-the-beef/

-Sam

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:46 pm
Beldo
(@beldo)

Damn, HPD has me blocked too?!

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:47 pm
nacho
(@nacho)

Maybe we all use you as the guinea pig when testing out the ignore function, and just forget to turn it off. Happens.

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:59 pm
Beldo
(@beldo)

Not kewl

Posted : 28/10/2014 9:02 pm
Not_RMR
(@not_rmr)

Just looked through that Chris pavlich dudes tweets trying to find the tweet in question. That dude is serious douche , like level Taney. He seems to have some imaginary beef with mr Adams because "how dare you be rude to me in front of my son" 😆

I'm pretty sure every person who has ever uttered that phrase is a gigantic ass-douche

no more water but the fire next time

Posted : 28/10/2014 10:21 pm
Beldo
(@beldo)

I saw that too. He definitely has a hard on for Ry-dog.

Posted : 28/10/2014 10:34 pm
Kizmiaz
(@kizmiaz)

Let me also just say, without letting all of this shit factor in at all, the War on Drugs album is better than the SKM record IMO.

Pretty sure I'm the only dude here who feels otherwise.

To be clear. My stance has been, and remains "who cares?" Is Mark a douche? Probably, most artists are. From Tweedy's "every circle needs a center." to all of Ryan's shenanigans, to Brently Bestages dickin' over his contributors etc. ad nauseum.

Paul Westerberg once pissed off Ryan Adams by saying something he didn't need to say . . . whatever. This happens all the time.

The Warren Drugs Committee will no doubt have a fantastic career and Mark will play forever to his niche audience. Living well . . . . turns out, may actually be the best revenge. Or not.

Nah, I can´t stand that War on Drugs record. Bores me to death. The best thing I can say about it is that that singer sings like Mike Scott, but if I want to hear MS sing I can put on a Waterboys record.

Damn foreigners

Posted : 29/10/2014 10:42 am
3legcat
(@3legcat)

Pretty sure I'm the only dude here who feels otherwise.

still bored with both

I want out of this thread. - Jesse

Posted : 29/10/2014 11:10 am
Beldo
(@beldo)

It never ends...Koz wrote another song.
http://sunkilmoon.com/agblues/

Posted : 29/10/2014 11:17 am
Page 8 / 11
Share: