Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can you remember your first rock concert?

35 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
bltkmt
(@bltkmt)

I saw Yes on that same tour with the revolving circular stage...not a bad seat in the house!

I mean I don't even know how they let you post here if you haven't developed a gamma-radiation imaging system yet. This isn't Reddit.

Posted : 13/04/2013 9:56 am
Rowsdower
(@rowsdower)

Fishbone and opening band Primus at Georgia State's basketball amphitheater thing in 1991. I was 15 and my friend was 16 and managed to drive there and back alive. Before that it was Benson and Hedges Blues Fest with BB King, Johnny Winter, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Willie Dixon and some other "blues" cats. But I was like 14 and my mom had to drive a bunch of us. We stole B&H cigarettes from giant unguarded cardboard repositories.

Posted : 17/04/2013 12:09 am
brent887fm
(@brent887fm)

My first concert I ever went to was Michael Jackson & The Jackson Five. It was around '84 or '85 in knoxville, tn. I remember lots of costume changes and I remember when he threw his hat into the crowd. I also remember some kid behind us in the upper upper deck bleachers puking. I think I was about 5 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thewinner79

Posted : 17/04/2013 5:08 pm
cold smoke
(@cold-smoke)

1983, City Island, Harrisburg PA. Def Leppard (Pyromania tour), Krokus and Gary Moore. I was 12. First time I ever saw a joint. They were being passed everywhere.

You had to walk across a rather long bridge to get to the island. Cops were at the far end writing citations to anyone that had a plastic milk crate in tow(as they were all stolen, being property of their respective dairies or distributor). I assume the crates were for standing on to get a better vantage point. Either way, word made it's way back through the crowd and folks started to jettison their crates into the Susquehanna river.

Posted : 23/07/2013 3:11 pm
Wordman
(@wordman)

Iron Butterfly and the Pacific Gas and Electric Company...68, 69?

"...he's an interesting bunch of guys..."
http://www.weaverwrites.com

Posted : 12/08/2013 3:31 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: