Clear all

MLB 2017

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
noteethleroy
(@noteethleroy)
Topic starter

Baseball is almost back baby. Giants should have a better chance this year with Melancon, hell they already won a spring training game while trailing in the ninth which is something they couldn't do at all last year. 32 freakin' blown saves in 2016. I'm looking forward to it, I even signed up for a couple yahoo fantasy teams to fully nerd out.

Posted : 27/02/2017 7:20 pm
alt.mobius
(@alt-mobius)

Go ROyals!!!

KC has a very different looking team this year. added several power bats (and a lot of strikeouts) to the lineup and re-vamped the rotation after the tragic death of Ventura. we'll see how it goes.

"This human reader is hungry for more Ryan Adams / Mandy Moore fan fiction, please"

Posted : 28/02/2017 5:41 am
Rusty
(@rusty)

Tom Fucking Brady. That is all.

Oh wait.... baseball right. :angel:

First year in many without Ortiz for my Sox. Nice pitching (Porcello, Price, Sale) but that's a big hole in the lineup. Ginormous question mark whether Pablo Sandoval is ready to play third at even close to his former level. Hanley at DH is good for both the offense and defense! Betts, Bogaerts, Bradley Jr and Benitendi are a great nucleus of young talent. Pedroia is holding up. Moreland helps at first defensively but doesn't cover Papi's bat. Catcher is a bit of a question mark as well. Sandy Leon showed up out of nowhere last year but was fading fast by end of season. Swihart, Vazquez and Leon are all talented but not sure who will grab the starting role and how strong they will be. Bullpen is solid with Kimbrel as closer. 4th starter could be in good hands if All Star Steven Wright returns to form. 5th starter between Pomeranz, Rodriguez and maybe Joe Kelly.

I see a contending team, probably in the playoffs. Not sure I see a Series winner.

"I think if God had a voice he'd sound like Tom Waits." - Ironman

http://www.rustyromance.com

Posted : 02/03/2017 10:00 am
alt.mobius
(@alt-mobius)

See that Price is getting an MRI on his elbow. not a good way to start the season

"This human reader is hungry for more Ryan Adams / Mandy Moore fan fiction, please"

Posted : 02/03/2017 6:01 pm
paulhead
(@paulhead)

Cardinals? Who the fuck knows. I like the Fowler signing but I'm not sure he's durable enough to fill the defensive hole and a batting order hole we need. Seems like that the farm system isn't quite as depleted as it sounded. The fact it took a court ruling to get the development money spent in the right markets is concerning. Was looking forward to Alex Reyes. Cubs should own the division but I won't be surprised if both the Pirates and Brewers have been way overlooked.

Posted : 08/03/2017 2:18 am
melt
 melt
(@melt)

Cardinals? Who the fuck knows.

Kinda how I feel about the Rangers at this point. I think they're gonna be in the Wildcard mix and they can win their division again, but Houston has more talent, and one of these years all of their talented young players are going to gel into a more cohesive team. Could be this year.

Posted : 08/03/2017 11:54 am
Ansbacher Bremen
(@gas-oj)
Admin

Because I live on the west coast, I took the day off for the Jays (@ Baltimore) season opener. It's on a Monday afternoon and so it will be a long weekend for me. Hockey and basketball playoffs plus the start of a new baseball season. Best time of the year.

Never saw a woman look finer
I used to order just to watch her float across the floor - Neil Young

Posted : 14/03/2017 6:05 am
noteethleroy
(@noteethleroy)
Topic starter

Giants are playing like absolute crap, no offense and no bullpen, but at last they have a slightly better record than KC and Toronto 😀

Posted : 01/05/2017 1:13 pm
alt.mobius
(@alt-mobius)

Holy crap KC is some kind of beautiful dumpster fire right now. Like a car wreck, it's so awful I can't look away.

Posted : 01/05/2017 7:27 pm
Noodle
(@noodle)

Giants are playing like absolute crap, no offense and no bullpen, but at last they have a slightly better record than KC and Toronto 😀

They also get to face Kershaw tonight, for the second time in six days. Should be fun!

"I never said all that shit." - Confucious

Posted : 01/05/2017 7:35 pm
Ansbacher Bremen
(@gas-oj)
Admin

Giants are playing like absolute crap, no offense and no bullpen, but at least they have a slightly better record than KC and Toronto 😀

Hehe. So true. If Toronto had lost yesterday, it would have been their worst April EVER. They are just not hitting and now have some key injuries. Good thing their pitching is keeping them in games. Now, if only they can go 21-7 in May.

Never saw a woman look finer
I used to order just to watch her float across the floor - Neil Young

Posted : 01/05/2017 8:09 pm
Share: